Conditions of use
The “Sacco” refers to Metropolitan National Sacco Ltd” “M-Metro-Cash” refers to the Mobile banking solution service.
“Branch” means a branch of Metropolitan National Sacco Ltd. “Business Day’ means a day on which banks are normally open for ordinary business in Kenya excluding Saturdays, Sundays and gazette public holidays.
“Customer instruction” means any request or instruction from the M-Metro-Cash customer to the Sacco.
“PIN” means any confidential password, code or number normally 4 digits which may be used to access the M-Metro-Cash services.
“Transaction Fees” these are the M-Metro-Cash transaction charges “24 Hr service hotline” refers to the telephone number that will be
provided for M-Metro-Cash customers in case of any queries
related to M-Metro-Cash services. “Subscriber” means a customer who subscribes to use M-Metro- Cash Service.
General Conditions Joint Account
Account held jointly by two or more persons whose mandate is “Any to sign” accounts which require more than one signatory will
not be issued with M-Metro-Cash Service.
Use of Personal Identification Number (PIN)
- a) M-Metro-Cash subscriber shall receive an SMS informing them of their registration and PIN
- b) The subscriber shall be required to change the PIN before using the
- c) The subscriber shall exercise due care to ensure the secrecy of the PIN at all times and prevent use of the PIN by any third party
lost/stolen sim Card registered for M-Metro-Cash service
- a) If the subscribers loses his/her sim card line registered with M-Metro-Cash, he/she must notify the Sacco immediately to block M-Metro-Cash service until the sim card is replaced.
- b) The subscriber shall be liable in respect of any transactions/ instructions affecting his/her Sacco account that is given with a valid
- c) If a report of loss or theft of sim card registered for M-Metro-Cash service is communicated by someone other than the subscriber, Sacco shall not be held liable of any losses arising therefrom.
If a PIN is forgotten, the subscriber is required to contact the Sacco to request for a new PIN.
Cancellation, Stoppage of M-Metro-Cash Service.
- a) The subscriber has the right to cancel or unsubscribe for M-Metro-Cash
- b) Payments done by means of M-Metro-Cash service are
- c) In case of a problem, the Sacco may at any time cancel/stop the service with notice or assigning any reason and without incurring any liability to the subscriber until a solution is found.
The Sacco shall levy charges for use of this service and shall notify the subscriber for all ATM transactions and any other transaction (s) exceeding Kshs. 5,000 in line with the terms and conditions of use of this facility.
Acts that do not bind either Party
Neither party shall be liable for failure or delay in the performance of its obligations under this agreement to the extent that such
failure or delay is caused by matters beyond that party’s reasonable control including but not limited to network delays, destruction arising out of war, rebellion, civilian commotion, strikes, lockouts and or other acts or orders of any government department, council or other of constituted body. Notice of
these circumstances shall be givento the other party as soon as practical. For so long as performance of those obligation is suspended, the other party may similarly suspend performance of it’s obligation.
These terms and conditions may be amended at any time by notice from the Sacco to subscriber. The subscriber will be informed of such amendments by reasonable mode of communication. Any such amendments shall be deemed to be effective and binding upon the subscriber receiving such information.
These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed under the laws of the Republic of Kenya.